Don’t let your employees’ benefits go unused this year! With so many other priorities to wrap up by the end of the year, reminding employees to take advantage of their vision benefits can be an afterthought. However, if you’re able to add one more line item on your checklist this month, it’s a great time to communicate reminders to your employees to use their benefits before they expire. The end of year is fast approaching, and many may not have used their yearly vision insurance benefits.
As you know, planning and providing employee benefits takes time and money. Encouraging your employees to take advantage of their vision benefits is not only necessary to avoid leaving money on the table, but also important to ensure their eye health. The more your employees understand how they can use their benefits, the more proactive they will become.
It’s easy for your employees to access vision care! They can take advantage of their 2022 vision benefits by following these tips:
1. Create an account on vsp.com. Once your employees create a VSP account, they can access their vision benefit information including copays, frame allowance, and lens enhancement coverage.
2. Maximize benefits with an in-network doctor. Your employees can find a local in-network eye doctor by using VSP’s Find A Doctor tool. To further maximize the value of their benefits, they can see an eye doctor at any Premier Program location. At Premier Program locations, which are accessible at no additional cost to all VSP members, your employees can choose from a wide selection of frames and save more through Premier Offers that are exclusive to Premier Program locations.
3. Schedule an annual eye exam. Just like vision benefits, vision prescriptions also have an expiration date. Your employees can make sure they have an updated prescription by getting their yearly eye exam. Additionally, VSP network eye doctors examine your employees’ eyes for more than just vision problems. They can also detect signs of serious eye and other health problems that may not have noticeable symptoms.
4. Save with exclusive offers. Take advantage of exclusive offers from VSP and leading industry brands, totaling more than $3,000 in savings. Offers include an extra $40 off select frame brands, an extra $20 off all Featured Frame Brands, and more!*
5. Shop online at Eyeconic. Do your employees prefer shopping online? They can easily link their vision benefits on eyeconic.com to shop for sunglasses, glasses, and contacts. Plus, they can try on hundreds of unique frame styles with Eyeconic’s Virtual Try-On tool.
Questions about coverage? Contact Member Services at vsp.com or by calling 800.877.7195.
*Check your benefits to see if this offer applies. Brands and promotions are subject to change.
See Well. Be Well.® If you haven’t already, take advantage of your COSE member benefit and opt in to VSP® vision insurance. Contact your COSE sales representative or broker for more information.
Information received through VSP Vision Care channels is for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice, medical recommendations, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your eye doctor, physician, or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
©2022 Vision Service Plan. VSP and See Well. Be Well. are registered trademarks and VSP Vision is a trademark of Vision Service Plan. All rights reserved. All other brands or marks are the property of their respective owners.