Sponsored Content by Medical Mutual
To provide you with a more competitive set of solutions for your company and your employees, COSE has partnered with Medical Mutual to offer the COSE Benefit Plan. This is a self-funded benefit option for businesses with 50 or fewer employees and self-proprietors. The COSE Benefit Plan was created based on the belief that being a small business doesn’t mean you can’t provide the benefits of a larger company, such as competitive rates and a broad variety of plan options.
You may be thinking, what does that mean? Well, it’s simpler than it sounds! Let’s break it down for you.
The COSE Benefit Plan…
- Is a self-funded benefit option, meaning you pay a fixed amount based on the number of employees and estimated costs associated with the plan, backed by Medical Mutual’s stop-loss coverage.
- Allows you to join with more than 7,900 other small businesses, sharing risk and pooling contributions, so you can offer similar benefits that large corporations do.
- Is offered through various plan types, such as traditional copay plans, health maintenance organization (HMO) plans and high-deductible health plans with varying deductibles and coinsurance. This also can include access to a health reimbursement arrangement (HRA).
- May be less expensive than Affordable Care Act (ACA) plans since rates are set by medical history, gender, age and location. Plus, the COSE Benefit Plan is not subject to some of the ACA-mandated taxes and fees, so these savings are passed along to you.
- Includes prescription drug benefits with access to more than 70,000 pharmacies.
- Includes comprehensive wellness programs that help promote healthy lifestyles and keep your employees feeling their best.
- Offers access to Medical Mutual’s high-quality network of doctors and hospitals.
- Gives you the ability to add on other Medical Mutual products, such as dental, vision and life and disability insurance, keeping all your Sales and Service with one carrier.
- Includes MedMutual Pet, a new pet wellness benefit powered by Wagmo, that allows members to get reimbursed up to $350 for routine pet care like wellness exams, vaccines, blood work and more.*
Now, you may be asking yourself, “How do I sign up?”
If you are a COSE member located in the Toledo, Columbus, Richland, Erie or Wyandot areas, you’ll need to join their affiliate chambers for your COSE Benefit Plan enrollment. You can, however, enroll in the COSE Benefit Plan no matter where your business is in Ohio.
To learn more or enroll in the COSE Benefit Plan, please contact your broker, your Medical Mutual Sales representative or fill out our group quote form.
*This offering is available to new COSE Benefit Plan groups starting May 1, 2023, or for current COSE Benefit Plan groups upon your renewal. This only includes COSE Benefit Plan groups, also known as, COSE Multiple Employer Welfare Arrangement (COSE MEWA) groups who have medical coverage through Medical Mutual. It does not include grandmothered, grandfathered and ACA groups.